Thursday 6 February 2014

Welcome

So here I am on another soggy evening in West Yorkshire attempting to start another blog, lets hope this one fares better than my past attempts.
I have come to several conclusions of late, mainly that I'm unlikely to ever get to go climbing as much as I'd like to, something that all but a lucky (and heavily sponsored) few have to come to terms with at some point in our climbing careers. For me and many others it has been family life that has taken over, becoming a dad in 2011 was a defining moment in my life and probably my proudest achievement. I'm now a stay at home dad to my 2 and a bit year old daughter who accompanies me to the crag and climbing wall regularly.  I'm going to try and keep a blog of trying to keep a balance between all things climbing related and family life, moving and renovating a house and everything else in between.

A little about me, without trying to inflate my own ego too much.

Currently I climb at least twice  a week indoors,  predominantly at The Depot in Leeds
I try and climb outside or clean and work projects once a week.
I am a keen new router and am developing a new area of climbing near Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire.
I regularly complete all of the wood and purple circuits and approximately half of the red circuit at the Depot.
My current training is based on one mileage session a week and the other session either focusing on power or strength depending on what stage of training I am at.

I'm aiming to see if I can work out the best way to train and climb with a toddler alongside starting from a pretty mediocre starting point. I also reckon that keeping up with this blog should help me keep a more regular training schedule as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment